Profile redirected to error page

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #292633 by Virtuox
Profile redirected to error page was created by Virtuox
The map cannot be displayed, you haven't specified a location yet.
Hello guys, thanks so much for your help in this support.

I note that in my site have something strange and I want to try fix it. Profile user is a restrited area in my site, but comments users and another session where user name is displayed is public area. BUT when guests click in name users, they are redirected to ERROR page, a disgosting alert red div with a message that you need be logged to see that profile user appear in a blank page. It is for all my site and I think it turn a rude site. I want something more soft and nice for my guests. like a "login form page, maybe with registration form too".

I can see that all elements restrited from native joomla work with great redirection login. When user click in some restrited area they go to login page and after do a login they stay in the elemente restrit page. I think it is fantastic way.

Why not Instead ERROR, CB do not add ALERT? But what I need so much is put a login page when guests click in user names or all CB restrited area. It to me the correct way.

CB ONLINE MODULE work with this ERROR message too, i dont like it! all user displayed in this module when click for guests turn in ERROR page, need something more soft and actrative for my guests do a registration or login.

I hope you can help me, I ll be very grateful for any help!

Thanks so much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #292647 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile redirected to error page
You need CB Auto Actions to redirect public users away from profiles to wherever you like. There's no other solution than that. It of course is going to give them an error as they're trying to access a profile they can't access. You can change the error to say whatever you like using language overrides below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn