Free Facebook Login

6 years 11 months ago #292830 by virtinsanity
Free Facebook Login was created by virtinsanity
First of all i would like to sincerely thank you for the great extension you have built.

What i would like to know is as the Joomla 3.7 is about to be released in coming days the Fields and Facebook Login features will be a core thing of Joomla now.

After this will we see CB Free Facebook Login as well ? As it's already there for Joomla core it shouldn't be a paid one anymore.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #292859 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Free Facebook Login

After this will we see CB Free Facebook Login as well ?

No, not from us at least.

As it's already there for Joomla core it shouldn't be a paid one anymore.

CB Connect is more than just Facebook (provides single sign on from 20 different providers) and more than just login. Based off the PR on Github below it doesn't look like it's even coming in Joomla 3.7.

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/12061

The contributor doesn't appear happy at all and it was closed instead of merged.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, virtinsanity

6 years 11 months ago #292883 by virtinsanity
Replied by virtinsanity on topic Free Facebook Login

krileon wrote:

After this will we see CB Free Facebook Login as well ?

No, not from us at least.

As it's already there for Joomla core it shouldn't be a paid one anymore.

CB Connect is more than just Facebook (provides single sign on from 20 different providers) and more than just login. Based off the PR on Github below it doesn't look like it's even coming in Joomla 3.7.

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/12061

The contributor doesn't appear happy at all and it was closed instead of merged.

Sorry i wasn't aware of that situation until recently, didn't want to mislead anyone. Thanks for the response. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn