Users can't edit profile

6 years 11 months ago #294022 by Cluster89
Replied by Cluster89 on topic Users can't edit profile
Ok thanks again I will debug and report back if I find out something new.
Although the triggers seem fine at first glance.
github.com/ShMaunder/JMapMyLDAP/blob/056b899dac16bcaf124bf228af0a683cda662bd4/libraries/shmanic/adapter/event/bouncer.php
If i remember correctly it is not possible to disable params field.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users can't edit profile
The easiest way to confirm is just unpublish that LDAP plugin. Save a user where their params are fine. After save see if there's a problem. If not then you've found your issue. Reviewing your LDAP plugin at a glance it seams to be doing its own user object construction, binding, and saving. There is likely something going wrong during that process. Probably below.

github.com/ShMaunder/JMapMyLDAP/blob/056b899dac16bcaf124bf228af0a683cda662bd4/libraries/shmanic/adapter/event/bouncer.php#L370

During onUserAfterSave the user object is reconstructed, silently saved, and the original user object remapped. Can probably comment out line 370 and 373 to quickly check if that's where it's going wrong, but there maybe other usages throughout the plugin.

If i remember correctly it is not possible to disable params field.

Can't be unpublished but can be set to not display on registration and/or profile edit. However doesn't sound like that's the case for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cluster89

6 years 11 months ago #294036 by Cluster89
I have setup from scratch again to test if the issue comes there as well and i can't reproduce it.
In this test where it works $this->_cbTabs->saveTabsContents( $this, $array, $reason ); in bindSafely
ends up calling $user->params = $juser->getParameters( true )->toArray(); in cb.core.php.
After this params is indeed an array. On the other setup it stays always a string. Now I need to find out why it does not call this properly on the other setup. The line 370 is only called for new users not on profile edit.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #294057 by Cluster89
ok problem is fixed now with your advice from last post.
Thanks a lot for all your support!
params parameter was set to not Edit to hide the extra fields.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn