[SOLVED] Why there is no good seo support for seo-friendly url's

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #294025 by fgevic
Hello,

Why there is no good seo support for seo-friendly url's in CB?

www.xxxxx.nl/733-sandra-m

What to do about this?

Best Regards,

Felix

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294028 by krileon
Use the Profile URL field and customize their Profile URL as needed. Set it required during registration and they won't have a choice but to supply an SEO friendly URL. Otherwise usernames in general are not very SEO friendly making it hard to reverse them, do a database query to match the user, and utilizing the user id from that match; that is why the user id is prefixed. See our demo site below with perfectly fine URLs.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan
demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/demo

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgevic

6 years 11 months ago #294031 by fgevic
Ok. Thanks!

6 years 11 months ago #294040 by fgevic
Thanks. I followed your instruction. It's solved now.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295690 by jjsjjs
Hi, i can't follow sorry.
I checked Fields Username and it is required of course during registration.

Also when registration is completed you see this: www.website.com/cb-profile/saveregisters, how to change that too?

Thanks!

Already got it! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn