Registered Menu Items hidden on startpage

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #294265 by Cluster89
Hello,
sometimes when a user navigates to my site and lands on the start page, he is logged in, but the menu items that have been set for registered users are not shown. Now when the user clicks on startpage again, sometimes it shows the remaining menu items then and sometimes not at all on the startpage, but on all other pages. For myself this happens usually when I havent touched the site for a coule of hours. When this happens, also no submenu for registered users only is shown. I am using CB 2.1.2 and Joomla 3.6.5. Also each time any page is clicked, the session counter is increased, but i am not sure if this is how it is supposed to be. I am asking here because I am using the CB login module. Any idea why this could happen? Maybe a problem in the remember me feature?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294282 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registered Menu Items hidden on startpage
CB has nothing to do with the ACL of menus or modules. CB Login also just passes off to Joomlas with additionally functionality done before that. My guess is you've a caching problem. Try disabling all caching and clearing existing cache to see if issue persists. Remember Me also is a bit odd. It doesn't reestablish the user before the buffer. This means a lot of extensions have no idea Remember Me has kicked in. A page reload typically clears that up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cluster89

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #294288 by Cluster89
Replied by Cluster89 on topic Registered Menu Items hidden on startpage
Indeed a caching problem, thanks! Problem appaers when cache time runs out, which is also session time.
If I disable the joomla cache in cache settings, I have to reload the page for the menu items to appear but at least they appear at all.
I better let it disabled, luckily the gallery extension i use has a cache system that can be enabled with the joomla cache beeing disabled.
But still annoying that a reload is necessary to auth the user. Maybe I will show the items for all users but guests get a login dialog or i find a way to make a page refresh automatically on start page. Or maybe the cache has to be on and the underlying problem fixed...

6 years 10 months ago #294295 by krileon
Joomla caching can be disabled on a per module basis. So you maybe able to just edit your menu modules and turn it off individually for those. Generally Joomlas Page Caching is what causes so many issues since it caches at the buffer and there's nothing extensions can really do about it so it causes out of date pages in highly dynamic environments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #294572 by Cluster89
Replied by Cluster89 on topic Registered Menu Items hidden on startpage
This is actually a CB problem in "Community Builder System plugin".
if disabled, everything is fine, if enabled site needs a refresh to show the menu items that are for registered users only (after session timeout or browser close).
So if anyone has this problem, in cb system plugin disable redirect url and rewrite url and it works.

6 years 9 months ago #294589 by krileon
Those 2 features just prevent access to Joomlas users component. Don't see how they could possibly negatively impact Remember Me, but you've now enabled a means for users to bypass CB so if you're going to do that then you need to properly have Joomla registration and login disabled nor will access denied usages send users to CBs login instead of Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn