[SOLVED] Cannot Update users

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #294987 by justin-ims
[SOLVED] Cannot Update users was created by justin-ims
Hi,

I have an issue whereby I cannot edit any users' details in front or backend. From the frontend, I can login fine, and navigate to the edit profile page on my website. However, after making changes to the profile, I click Update and nothing happens at all. In the backend through Joomla interface, I go to a user, make the changes to a profile, but when I click save or save & close, I just get redirected to the joomla control panel. No changes are being recorded!

No obvious errors are being shown in error reporting.

Is there anything you can recommend I try to help fix this issue?

Kind regards,

J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294998 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Update users
Even Joomla user edit within Joomla backend won't save? Sounds like you've a 3rd party extension breaking Joomla user store. CBs user store will fail if Joomlas fails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295115 by justin-ims
Replied by justin-ims on topic Cannot Update users
Hi,

I am, able to make changes to users using the normal Joomla User manager, but I cannot save anything through Community Builder. I cannot even add new users through Community Builder.

I'm still stuck and am not sure how to find out what the problem is! Do you have any suggestions which might help?

Thanks,

6 years 9 months ago #295140 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Update users
If it's just CB then it's either a field you've configured doing it or a 3rd party CB plugin. Disable non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 until issue resolves. If still not resolved try toggling off admin field validation within CB > Configuration > User Profile to see if it's just validation blocking the save and if it is you'll want to review your fields to ensure the field validations are configured correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295159 by justin-ims
Replied by justin-ims on topic Cannot Update users
Thank you for your response. I've managed to isolate the issue to the fields where there does seem to have been a problem. I think there were certain fields which we marked as required but not visible on the edit profile view. I also had a custom field there. Un-publishing and removing the field I didn't require from the profile edit view seems to have fixed the problem. It would be useful to have slightly better error handling with a meaningful message for anyone hitting the same problem, as initially I didn't really know why this might be happening!

Nonetheless, thank you for you help on this...

J

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn