Use both CB registration form and Joomla registration form?

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295575 by mk3
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/215294-different-user-registration-forms#295575

I have bought the professional plan but in place of using CB conditional, what if only need two registration forms, is it possible to use the CB form for users of type 1 and standard Joomla form for users of type 2?
So that they wont cross?

[MODE EDIT]: Please do not reply to topics older than a year. Create a new topic and link to the older topic if you feel it's relevant. This prevents old and almost always out of date information being pushed to the top of the forums.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295590 by krileon
No, you can not use the Joomla registration form and CB registration form at the same time. Users registering outside of CB won't exist in CB. You'll constantly have synchronization issues. The only way to reliably have multiple profile types is to use CB Conditional or you can look into 3rd party extension CB Profile Pro.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295610 by mk3
So you mean if I have "buyer" and "seller" profile types, and the buyer registering in Joomla registration (not CB), then it's possible, but not recommended, right?
In this case if I register in Joomla, I won't be present in CB users, but if I do the opposit (register in CB) - I will be present in both (CB and Joomla), right?

And does the value of "Allow User Registration" in CB config (independent / same as CMS "allow registration") influence something in the scheme described just above?

6 years 8 months ago #295640 by krileon
You'd just create a Select field named Profile Type. You'd have 2 options available. One for Buyer and one for Seller. You can then do whatever you want with that information. So for example a userlist that shows all sellers. You can combine it with CB Conditional and even show/hide parts of their profile based off the profile type they selected.

Using Joomla and CB registration separately will not work. The two will go out of sync. I can not advise in that matter as it allows circumventing CB entirely, which is not recommended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mk3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn