How to add more fields into admin registration email?

6 years 9 months ago #295687 by robert.cole
Hello,

I am using Joomla 6.7.1 and CB 2.1.2 and I was wondering how would I be able to add more fields into the registration email the admin receives when a new user signs up.

I have found threads about this topic from up to 8 years ago where the solution was to edit the default_language.php file and edit the message by adding your fields there, but this solution appears to not work anymore. The message in question I want to edit is the "A new user has registered at [SITEURL] and requires approval". I've added my fields to this message, but they do not show up, and I even changed some of the default labels and messages just to see if they would change and the changes did not appear either.

If there is another way to add more fields to this email, please let me know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295689 by krileon
You'll need to override the language string for the email and add whatever field substitutions you like to it. See the below for language overrides usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

See the below for substitutions usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn