User data rendered incorrectly in CB

6 years 7 months ago #296563 by swampy5
User data rendered incorrectly in CB was created by swampy5
Hi Im using Joomla 3.7.4, CB 2.1.3 PHP 5.6 CBSubs 4.1.0
Im having issues whereby incorrect data is being displayed in CB fields when viewed from the backend CB UserManager and front end through CB Lists
I assumed the database had become corrupted but restoring earlier versions of the site resulted in the same behaviour
But when I access Phpmyadmin and export the tables (comprofiler and users) the data in these tables is intact and correct
So I thought it was due to PHP7 but reverting to PHP 5.6 has not solved the problem
Currently have run out of ideas to solve this and any suggestions welcome!
regards
Tony Marsh

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296568 by swampy5
Replied by swampy5 on topic User data rendered incorrectly in CB - SOLVED
Perceived substantial problems with the membership system today whereby members data was getting overwritten by my info - ie names address etc
Struggled most of the day trying to work out what was causing it but the penny finally dropped after reading Krileons response to a similar post
The browser I was using - Google Chrome - was usings its autofill function to overwrite fields in members records
So repeated attempts to save updated data "seemed" to be failing when in fact it wasnt
Anyway solution was simply to change to another browser - currently using Edge which is the MS replacement for Internet explorer
It appears all data is safe and sound thankfully
Still to determine if LastPass played a role in this which was mentioned in Krileons post
Tony

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing

6 years 7 months ago #296579 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User data rendered incorrectly in CB - SOLVED
If you're using LastPass to do form filling then it, by default, ignores autocomplete="off". At this time we only set this for the password field, but we'll be adding it to the whole form in a later build. Form fill however shouldn't fill without being manually trigger. I do not recommend setting up form fill to auto fill. This means the only autocomplete you should have is username and password. For LastPass to respect autocomplete="off" you need to go to LastPass > Preferences > Advanced and toggle that on. Beyond setting autocomplete="off" in the HTML there's nothing more we can do about this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn