CB disappeared with Joomla 3.8.0

6 years 6 months ago #297748 by csgweb
CB disappeared with Joomla 3.8.0 was created by csgweb
Goodnight. In the Spanish forum I have not been answered so Google through, I open the post in this sector.

After upgrading from Joomla 3.7.5 to 3.8.0 (from Installatron) your component disappeared completely.
I restored the backup and everything works. What could have happened? How can I know what to do to prevent this failure?
Thank you very much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297768 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB disappeared with Joomla 3.8.0
I've no explanation as to why Joomla 3.8 would suddenly uninstall CB. That doesn't make much sense. More than likely just the component menu item got lost somehow during Joomlas 3.8 install process. There's nothing we can really do about this. We've no control over Joomlas 3.8 install process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298473 by csgweb
Replied by csgweb on topic CB disappeared with Joomla 3.8.0
Buenos días. Finalmente pude actualizar a Joomla 3.8.1 luego de varios intentos fallidos.
Yo actualizaba como lo hago habitualmente (y sin problemas incluso con esta versión en muchos sitios) desde Installatron.
Hice la actualización directo del Joomla Panel y se resolvió el error 500 y otros fallos.

Como comentario, fue demasiado corto el tiempo que tardó en actualizar. Quizá este intento "emparchó" los anteriores.

Lo cierto es que todo funciona normalmente incluido vuestro C.B.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn