Joomla 3.8 upgrade issues

6 years 6 months ago #297782 by skullboy74
Joomla 3.8 upgrade issues was created by skullboy74
Hi,

I could use some help here.

I had the misfortune of updating Joomla 3.75 to 3.8 and having tremendous errors involved.
After going back and forth with various databases and attempts, I finally got my site partially working using akeeba backup (which took awhile doing various scenarios - like 9 days).

I was able to get back to ver 3.75 and have a functional page.
I still had errors which has been tracked back to CB (I unpublished extensions and modules).
I thought that maybe an update to the most current version of CB might help, so I attempted that.

Unfortunately, the errors still remain if either CB ext or mods are published.

Types of errors:
Frontend.
Pages will not show when viewing a members only page

This page isn’t working

www.....com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

However, Guest pages work fine.

I thought something might have changed and it might be a Access level issue, but...

Backend:
If admin ext are published, unable to edit user details on the CMS side as well as CB user management.

Does anyone have some advice on which direction to go?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297801 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 3.8 upgrade issues
CB has no issues with Joomla 3.8. There are however quite a few extensions that do have issues with Joomla 3.8. Your best option is to revert to a known working backup, upgrade every installed extension, backup, then try upgrading to Joomla 3.8 again. Beyond that there's nothing we can suggest as CB works fine on Joomla 3.8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297833 by skullboy74
Replied by skullboy74 on topic Joomla 3.8 upgrade issues
I'm not sure what has happened.
As it stands right now, login and online seems to work fine.

Something must have clicked finally in and I'm ok for what I can see now.
Then again, I haven't slept in 36hrs, so I might be missing things. I will check more once I have slept and see if I can recreate the error.
Thank you for your patience.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn