Global search in lists

6 years 6 months ago #298046 by jabba84
Global search in lists was created by jabba84
Hello! Is there a way to enable a "global search" in the list search?
Ora a way to search in more than one fields?

I have:

FIELD 1:
- text1
- text2
- text3

FIELD 2:
- text4
- text5
- text6

So input field that when i search "text6" it search through FIELD 1 and FIELD 2 and gives me the result.
Thank you!

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298057 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Global search in lists
No, there is no search mode for searching multiple fields with a single input. Only way to do that is to use CB Search Bot and use Joomla search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298070 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Global search in lists
Thank you for your answer.

Is there a way to force the joomla search so search CB fields only?

6 years 6 months ago #298095 by krileon

Is there a way to force the joomla search so search CB fields only?

No, users would need to adjust the search area after performing the search to filter it just to users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298418 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Global search in lists
Hello! I'm still here trying to figure out how to solve this.

Is there a way to add a "or" between two fields instead of a "and"?

Like:

FIELD 1:
- text1
- text2 - check
- text3

FIELD 2:
- text4 - check
- text5
- text6

In the results i get users who have TEXT2 or TEXT4 instead TEXT2 and TEXT4 checked in their profile.
Is this possible? But just with two fields (the others remains as "and").
Thank you

6 years 5 months ago #298428 by krileon
No, that's not possible. Search criteria is always AND based.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn