Cb Activity Link Parser implements open graph?

6 years 5 months ago #299108 by cmendez
Hi, I want to understand how the CB activity link parser works. It seems that it implements the open graph protocol, but I would like to confirm it.

Thanks,
Carlos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299117 by krileon
Works with web standards metadata (e.g. meta[@name="title"], meta[@name="description"]), opengraph metadata (e.g. meta[@name="og:title"], meta[@name="og:description"]), and twitter metadata (e.g. meta[@name="twitter:title"], meta[@name="twitter:description"]). Video, image, and audio metadata also supported for all 3. It will check for metadata in the following order: open graph, twitter, web standards.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299141 by cmendez
Hi, I installed Phoca Open Graph Content Plugin. I checked and it is indeed generating the Open Graph meta tags in the articles. But I add the link to the article in the activity stream (using the link button) it shows the template logo, and text "login", even though the link to the article is ok.

I thought that the cause could be that the article access level is set to "registered" and it is not public but I changed that and the problem persist(I made public the article, the category, the menu, and the module)

I am talking about sharing a link of a joomla article of the same website where CB activity in installed.

What should I configure to make it work?

Thanks for your help.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299168 by krileon
The URL needs to be completely public access for CB Activity to access it. The reason your second attempt is still doing the same is because CB Activity caches that information so it's not requesting it over and over. Clearing the activity_links cache in Joomla will clear that so you can retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn