Problem with CB Forgot Login

6 years 4 months ago #299687 by indira17
Replied by indira17 on topic Problem with CB Forgot Login
Hi,
I am sorry but it does not show any error about the mailer, I have reviewed the configuration in CB as you have indicated and it appears blank as you say, I have returned to the SMTP data in the global configuration that works for me, I can not find where is the failure with the CB :(, may have to change to the login module of the joomla itself if I do not make it work this :(

Thank´s advance

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB Forgot Login
If there are no errors with debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled then 1 of the following is happening.

1. Mail never reaches the mailer API (the email is never attempting to even send)
2. The mailer is never sending the outbound mail (it was sent to the mailer server, which did not send the email)

CB errors if the mail server can't be reached or if any of the mailer functions fails in any way, but you need to have debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled. If you get a success message when using forgot login then the mail was sent to the mail server, which is failing to deliver it for whatever reason and you'll need to talk to your host about that. If you don't see a success or error message then your template is probably suppressing Joomla notifications and you should retest with Joomla protostar remplate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn