User Profile Fields Only Viewable By Moderator/Administrator - Hidden Others

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #303026 by sboehm
I have created special Fields in the Profile area that are for "Office Use Only".

I only want office personnel (Moderators or Super Admins) to be able to enter data in them and view them.

I don't want the profile owner to be able to see these fields within their Profile.

How do I accomplish this - with CB Privacy?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #303029 by sboehm
Almost fixed but....

I found what I was doing wrong with the Tab permissions. I setup the Tab as Super Admin then the Fields in that tab as Published.
The logged in Profile owner doesn't see the Fields bit the Super Admin does and can now populate data.

BUT....

Now these "Office Use Only" fields are viewable on the Registration sign up page.

How do I hide these fields from the Registration page?

6 years 1 month ago #303033 by sboehm
OK I have a work around if anyone else is in this situation..

The Office Use Only Tab fields are still viewable on the Registration page but I found that I can separate its Tab on the Registration page by going to Configuration>Registration > Layout and chose Tabbed.

Now I have Tabs for Contact Info and Office Use Only

I then added a Custom HTML Field at the top of the Office Use Only Tab stating the below was for office use only and if you have filled out your Contact information simply scroll down and press the Sign Up button now.

6 years 1 month ago #303044 by krileon
Edit the tab and change Access you a view access level that includes the usergroups that you want to have access to the tab. Next set the fields to not display on registration in CB > Field Management. Should give you what you're wanting. If you need more fine grained control you'd need CB Privacy or CB Conditional depending on what you're wanting to do with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn