[SOLVED] Profile error

5 years 9 months ago #305642 by sgray
Replied by sgray on topic Profile error
Kyle, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that didn't help. What happens when I choose to look at either my own or a members profile is a white screen with the following text: Could not connect to the SQL server

I did disable all CB plugins to test and no difference. I have installed nothing other than Joomla updates and the CB update to v2.2. As I mentions, everything was working fine until I installed v2.2. Everything works fine from the backend.

Thanks for any other ideas or testing I can do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile error
Disable 3rd party Joomla extensions 1 by 1 and see if issue resolves. You should be able to expose the error by enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305678 by sgray
I have disabled all and still happens. As for error reporting, it doesn't report anything as it is not a joomla page that comes up, just a white page to with the error at the top.

5 years 9 months ago #305742 by krileon
Check your server error logs for any fatal errors. If nothing contact your host and see if mod_security is being triggered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305833 by sgray
Well I am at a complete loss. I turned in a support ticket and the host has determined that no errors or connection issues exist. Modsecurity is not the issue either. Not sure what to do to get back the profile function, which is definitely needed.

Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

5 years 9 months ago #305887 by krileon
No idea, you've installed or configured something that's blocking profile. Try to recall what you've last changed and undo your changes. If you've a backup of your site from when it worked try restoring the backup then carefully update your site 1 extension at a time. My best guess would be a CB plugin, but you've already tried unpublishing everything except core plugins within CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn