Update button doesn't work

5 years 7 months ago #307034 by manalog
Update button doesn't work was created by manalog
Hello,

in Edit Profile tab,
when i select UPDATE button (canvas, contact info..) to update profile changes, it doesn't work anymore..
How and where do I go to fix this.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307035 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update button doesn't work
Most likely a JS conflict or you've a field validation error. First ensure CB and any installed plugins are up to date. Next clear Joomla cache if you're using Joomla cache. Then retry to see if issue persists. If it does switch to default Joomla protostar template and retry. If issue still persists try to recall what you last changed and revert that change. If you can't recall any recent changes press F12 to open your browsers developer tools and click the Console tab then refresh profile edit to see if any fatal errors are preset (they'll be red).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #307037 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic Update button doesn't work
Thanks for the hints, but issue still persists.
in the Console tab i have in red:

JQMIGRATE: jQuery.attrFn is deprecated

see screenshot

i use currently CB 2.1.4+build.2018.06.05 version

Any clue to fix this JS conflict?
Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #307046 by krileon
That's just a warning and is safe to ignore.

i use currently CB 2.1.4+build.2018.06.05 version

You're several months out of date. Latest release is 2.2.1+build.2018.08.24.20.31.28.1edd7cfa3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #307049 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic Update button doesn't work
CB is updated but issue still persists only when i select UPDATE button to update CB profile changes! it doesn't work..
CANCEL button is ok and every other buttons work perfectly elsewhere on my joomla website.

Do you have an idea how to fix the issue ? thanks!

5 years 6 months ago #307057 by krileon
If the update button isn't working there's either a fatal JS error preset which you should see in the developer console or you've a fields validation that is failing. Check your fields for any that are red as that means their validation failed. If you created any new fields recently try unpublishing them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn