Update button doesn't work

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #307143 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic Update button doesn't work
Whatever I try, I can't get it to work! the "submit" button still doesn't work under "user profile update" in frontend (in Firefox, Safari and Chrome) while the "delete" button works fine.

No javascript errors presents and every fields are ok!

Some help would be great..
can i share URL in PM to see what's going wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update button doesn't work
The cancel button doesn't use any JS nor does it trigger the form validation so it's not prone to being blocked. Update can be blocked by fatal JS errors present on your site or a fields validation is blocking it. You'll need to review both as it's either a conflict from something you've installed or you've a configuration issue in one of your fields validation. I do not suspect a bug in CB it self so no please do not provide a URL as I will not be reviewing your install based off the information provided. Install reviews are reserved for subscribers only unless a bug is suspected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #307242 by manalog
Replied by manalog on topic Update button doesn't work
well I solved the issue by unpublishing custom modules i've created to include a Joomla module in a tab of the CB profile.

When unpublish Joomla modules or removed the offending fields and the edit button is working again.

i've created a Custom HTML field, displayed as the field value: {loadposition myposition} in the Description of the field and enable Joomla content plugins (under parameters). Content Load Module plugin is enabled.

I've no idea which specifically why that button not working with active modules andwhy these modules have broken JS on the CB profile page

I don't know where I've made mistake.
How can i fix this issue and include properly joomla modules into CB without JS conflict.
Can anyone help me?

5 years 7 months ago #307244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update button doesn't work
Your module is probably outputting an HTML form, which CB Profile Edit already is and you can't have a form inside of a form. Set your Custom HTML field to only display on profile view as it likely shouldn't be displayed on registration or profile edit. If the module doesn't have an HTML form it probably just has broken HTML in it (e.g. unclosed tag).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn