CB with Internal PM

5 years 5 months ago #308154 by PhilF1951
CB with Internal PM was created by PhilF1951
I have just installed the latest release of CB (23/10/2018). Switched the PMS plug in to Internal and set a few parameters. On the Members Menu I had a link to UddeIM which still apparently takes users to their message area. The CB log-in module also had a new message link. These still work. So, is CB running parallel with UddeIM? Because if I disable UddeIM I get an Error 500.

Or more to the point can I make a menu link direct to CB's internal message system? I could not see that option when trying to make a new menu item for it.

Joomla 3.8.13
CB 2.2.1 (Basic with no add-ons)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB with Internal PM
UddeIM is a completely separate extension so yes they can run in parallel. Regarding your error by disabling it it's probably a UddeIM plugin or module still published trying to load API it can't reach. If you don't need UddeIM anymore at this point it's recommend to completely uninstall it.

Or more to the point can I make a menu link direct to CB's internal message system?

Yup, create a Joomla menu item with menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select Private Message System.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhilF1951

5 years 5 months ago #308160 by PhilF1951
Replied by PhilF1951 on topic CB with Internal PM
Hi Kyle, I have linked the menu item to the CB plug in.

Now I took a look at a random Member profile page and the Send PM link here is still UddeIM and also the CB Log In Module is still linked to UddeIM. I proved that by disabling UddeIM and 500 error. I could not see any choices in the module to select CB's pms.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308164 by PhilF1951
I think I have solved it. A few switches and CB module Message link goes to new CB layout. Now I have sort out the editor as it gives users access to all the Admins JCE content editor. Not a good idea for a message system. I have tried changing some of the profiles within JCE without success.

I have added a screen grab of the message page. As you can see it is displaying access to these plug ins which are not needed and are for editors.admins only I don't think this is a CB issue but wondering how to disable these plug ins within the message system. So, for now I may have to revert back to UddeIM.

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308204 by PhilF1951
All sorted. Uninstalled UddeIM. Reset menu links to the CB plug in and some other tweaks. Set PMS plug in to plain text for now s I did not want users to have access to the main editor - would probably get abused or misused.

Maybe an update to CB PMS in forthcoming version? It's own editor similar to UddeIM so users can post links and emoticons. And more back end message edit fields to customise the message layout rather than editing into the code. ;)

5 years 4 months ago #308219 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB with Internal PM
A custom editor is not planned. TinyMCE and JCE allow custom features based off usergroup, which you should use to limit the functionality available in your WYSIWYG editors for standard users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn