Admin Email Receiving All PM Messages

5 years 5 months ago #308300 by PhilF1951
Admin Email Receiving All PM Messages was created by PhilF1951
Probably a switch somewhere needs turning off? (hopefully) Recently I have just noticed that user PM's are also dropping into the website's admin email box. Not very private therefore and I don't really want to read them!

Installed Ver: 2.2.1+build.2018.10.30.18.35.22.e80bd9678
Joomla 3.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308308 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Admin Email Receiving All PM Messages
There is no functionality for that to happen. New message notifications are always sent to the recipient user and am unable to confirm such an issue; it also appears literally impossible in code review. Only reason that could happen is if they replied to the email notification, which they of course shouldn't, or some sort of server configuration replicating the emails, but you'd see that for registration emails as well. PMS notifications can be turned off within Private Message System > Parameters > Internal > Notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn