Canvas Image Duplication

5 years 2 months ago #310374 by beniniu
Canvas Image Duplication was created by beniniu
Hi there

We are having an issue where when a user goes to update their canvas image by 'selecting from the gallery' the media file is not connecting. Instead duplicates of the existing canvas image are presented as options?

I had a look through the forum but couldn't find anyone else experiencing this issue.

Any assistance with this would be really helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and regards
Shaun
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310403 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas Image Duplication
I can't see any reason in CB for that. It simply parses the gallery folder for available images and lists them as a radio selection. Only reason it would do that is you've multiple of the same image in the gallery folder or you've changed the gallery folder to something users can upload to, which by default is not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310442 by beniniu
Replied by beniniu on topic Canvas Image Duplication
Thanks for the response!
It is very odd, users are unable to upload any new canvas images via the front end?
We had some custom work completed to improve the UX of the profiles - is there any reason you could think of as to why this may be occurring?
Cheers
Shaun

5 years 2 months ago #310458 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas Image Duplication
If you don't allow uploading for the canvas field then they won't have the option to upload. Edit your canvas field in CB > Field Management and ensure the field is configured correctly. Compare to our demo site below if you're unsure of your configuration.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

I've no idea what custom work you had done so I've no clue if it can or can not negatively impact this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn