[SOLVED] Remove duplicate display of FULL NAME from Profile Page

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312207 by li_gordon
genetics.rutgers.edu/cb-profile/daxelrod

without it disappearing on the list page?

genetics.rutgers.edu/people/faculty-list

Here is the backstory...
1. We updated to the newest version of community builder
2. We have a field for the FORMAT NAME, which is the FULL NAME
3. We want this field displayed on the LIST PAGE
4. We only want it showing up ONCE on the DETAIL PAGE

I have tried:
1. putting format name in a tab that isn't displayed
- this solves the issue on the DETAIL PAGE
- BUT then I can't select it to display on a LIST PAGE
- I also get an error that it won't display

2. tried putting format name in a tab that isn't displayed to ALL USERS (registered tab)
same issue as above

3. Last try was to just 'HIDE' the title from displaying on the detail page, via CSS
- I wasn't thrilled with doing this, because then we have to adjust our CSS

I would think there is a way to do this, and I just haven't figured it out...any ideas??

thanks,
Laura

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312217 by krileon
Move the field to a tab that's in a not shown on profile position. It can then be used for display purposes elsewhere without actually displaying on the users profile. You don't need to do anything further to the tab or the field. They both should be set to display on profile as normally, but due to the tab position neither will.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

4 years 9 months ago #312952 by li_gordon
thank you! Worked perfectly!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn