[SOLVED] As Super User, can't edit backend user without entering "Verify Password"

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313091 by nettop
I'm trying to update some backend user permissions for some new users who have registered on my website. However, when I try to update their user profile, I'm presented with the red text of "Verify Password" and wanting me to confirm the user's password. However, I do NOT know their password, therefore I can't change their permissions. I do use AdminTools from Akeeba to monitor my site, but I've tried completely disabling the module, but still have this problem. I've also tried in CB Configuration, User Profile, to change the "Fields Validation in User Management" to both YES and NO, but that does't help either way. This used to work, but no longer appears to work...Please help...thanks, Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313118 by krileon
Your browser is auto filling the password field. We already set autocomplete="off" on the entire form and the password field. In most cases it's a browser extension doing it. For example LastPass will ignore autocomplete attribute and fill in passwords anyway and has to be configured to respect autocomplete attribute.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

4 years 9 months ago #313129 by nettop
Thanks so much...I love it when the problem/solution are SIMPLE... I appreciate your response...keep up the great work, Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn