[SOLVED] How to hide a specific folder from search engines and unauthorized people

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #315993 by titolin
Hello

I have made a field in the registration page that help users to upload ID card images for verification purpose.

I've realized that this photos is saved under images/comprofiler/plug_cbfilefield

what I need is to prevent search engines and individual users from accessing this folder but it still can be used in registration.

Robots.text is good if it's not much important images.

I did set a password on plug_cbfilefield directory and when I visit it it gives me 403 Forbidden message.

I don't know if this is enough or there is more security practices I can do.

Glad to see more recommendations.

joomla: 3.9.14
CB: 2.4.2+build.2019.12.20.19.38.24.c6d1aade4
Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #315998 by krileon
An htaccess file is created in plug_cbfilefield to block direct access. There is no reason to set a password on it or do anything else to it. The htaccess file is created when the folder is created on upload of a file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316024 by titolin
Thank you very much for the valued information. Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn