History - changes of custom field

3 years 11 months ago #318480 by lcabezas
History - changes of custom field was created by lcabezas
Hi,

Is there a way to create a history of changes made on custom fields on CB? What I mean is that if a user change something on a custom field, any changes that was done will be recorded on the database. As in, including the date/time the change was done.

Regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic History - changes of custom field
Yes, that's exactly what CB Profile Update Logger does. You can take a look at how it works on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Use the "Login As" on the left to login as a test user then under the Demos menu click CB Profile Update Logger. All logging is done in raw format so there's no processing to the output as it's meant for moderation usage, but it can be displayed to the user if you want it to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318599 by lcabezas
Replied by lcabezas on topic History - changes of custom field
Thanks Kyle,

I'm not a programmer but I understand some of it and can make basic changes.
Having said that, is there a way in CB to change old the Field, Old Value and New Value to a more (normal) user view? To be more readable.

I appreciate your immediate response.

Regards.

I have another question not related to this but on Workplace on the demo site. But, I'll just create a new topic. Thanks.

3 years 11 months ago #318632 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic History - changes of custom field

Having said that, is there a way in CB to change old the Field, Old Value and New Value to a more (normal) user view? To be more readable.

Not at this time, no. That functionality is planned in a future release, but is a heavy operation since it has to run every single column value through field parsing APIs and when it does so has to bypass all integrations. The tool was originally intended to be used only for administrative purpose and is why it outputs raw values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn