[SOLVED] CB Auto Action email not triggered

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319194 by Intellitech
[SOLVED] CB Auto Action email not triggered was created by Intellitech
"onAfterUserRegistration" email not getting triggered. Please help ASAP!

Checked configuration with our other website which also uses CB, all looks fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319199 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Action email not triggered
onAfterUserRegistration only fires for frontend registrations. If you're testing in backend you need to use onAfterNewUser. Ensure emails are even working at all by using the Mass Mailer button in CB > User Management to try emailing a test user (select their checkbox).

Last time you downloaded CB Auto Actions looks to be 2016. So your install is 4 years out of date. It's possible the build you're using is just bugged for whatever reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319200 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic CB Auto Action email not triggered
"onAfterUserRegistration only fires for frontend registrations."
Yes we tried to do frontend registration.

"Ensure emails are even working at all by using the Mass Mailer"
Yes its working

"Last time you downloaded CB Auto Actions looks to be 2016."
For our other websites we bought from other account at same time & it all works fine even now.
Please help!

3 years 9 months ago #319201 by krileon
If it works fine on your other site compare your configuration to that other site and see if something maybe configured wrong. Ensure you're also using CB registration as that trigger only applies to CBs registration. Try adding onAfterNewUser trigger to it and testing it in backend CB > User Management by making a new user. Beyond that you do not have an active subscription so I can not provide support for you for a paid product, which would defeat the point of our subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319234 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic CB Auto Action email not triggered
Hi Kyle, we have tried all the steps you outlined above and there is still no auto email triggered to the user or admin upon user registration.
I have renewed our paid subscription.
Could you pls assist and we need to launch the new site shortly.
Thanks.

update: latest CB Auto Actions plugin has also been installed. we are using with latest CB and Joomla versions too.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #319278 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. It's not working because you have a redirect configured before the email auto action has a chance to execute. The redirects are basically interrupting registration and profile edit processes. For registrations you need to redirect on onAfterSaveUserRegistration trigger not on onAfterUserRegistration. For profile updates you need to redirect on onAfterUserProfileSaved not on onAfterUserUpdate.

Your email auto actions are fine as is using onAfterUserRegistration and onAfterUserUpdate. Your redirect actions need to be changed and once done retest. Additionally none of your email auto actions are using backend fired triggers so none of this will work for backend registrations or updates. See the below for backend triggers; note do not perform redirects on the below triggers.

onAfterUserRegistration = frontend registration
onAfterNewUser = backend registration
onAfterUserUpdate = frontend profile edit
onAfterUpdateUser = backend profile edit

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn