CB Privacy

3 years 8 months ago #319746 by jonmetz
CB Privacy was created by jonmetz
Can a user profile be hidden/shown based on an assigned user group?

For example, I have 2 assigned user groups "Registered, Athlete" and "Registered Coach". I would like: (1) Registered, Coach users to have the ability to see all Registered, Athlete profiles; (2) Registered, Athlete users to see all Registered, Coach profiles; and (3) Registered, Athlete users to see NOT see other Registered, Athlete profiles (except for their own profile). Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy
CB Privacy and its profile privacy field can prevent access based off usergroups and/or view access levels. You can select as many usergroups and/or view access levels as you like to have profile access on a per-profile basis or globally using forced privacy controls. This works by simply checking if the user attempting to access the profile has the selected usergroups and/or view access levels and if they do it will allow access otherwise it will not. A user will always have access to themselves.

You can explore using CB Privacy on our demo site below. You will need to use one of the "Login As" first. Backend access is also provided to take a look at the profile privacy field.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds