[SOLVED] Lost password functionality not working on PHP8.0.24

1 year 6 months ago #331236 by TCludts
The issue persists. I've tested registering a new user via both front- and backend, but both come out with the same result.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331238 by krileon
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting and retry then provide the full callstack for the error. If there isn't one check server error log and provide it from there. There isn't much I can do without knowing what's throwing the error. It's very possible it's something installed doing this. Try unpublishing non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 until issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331239 by TCludts
Hi Krileon

Please find attached the error I receive, with debug mode enabled and max error reporting.
Does this help you?

Thanks for the feedback.
Attachments:

1 year 6 months ago #331240 by krileon
You've an old 3rd party plugin still using that class. That class isn't used anymore and is kept around as a legacy layer. Looks like that legacy layer is failing due to the constructor method being old (PHP 5). Will try fixing that to see if it helps, but you'll still want to find and remove/update whatever old plugins/extensions that interact with CB that you might have installed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9055

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331270 by krileon
Latest build release updates the constructor in the legacy layer. Hopefully this will help avoid this error, but it's just a bandaid if it even works. Ideally you still need to find and remove or update that out of date plugin or extension integration with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: TCludts

1 year 5 months ago #331284 by TCludts
Hi Krileon

Thanks for your input and time to check this issue.

I've done some additional tests last week and over the weekend (before I saw this post) and updated other CB plugins that we had as well with our new subscription - besides the Antispam update of my other topic. Since updating, we've noticed that the lost password functionality started working again on PHP8.x.

I think another outdated CB plugin might have been giving us issues as well. After removing other outdated plugins, not necessarily linked to CB, we didn't see any changes at first. After taking on CB plugins themselves, things were falling back into place.

For me, this topic can be closed for the time being. If the issue would return, I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your time and feedback!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn