Admin notification email - need new fields shown

13 years 3 months ago #148451 by brusuelas
I've added street address fields to the registration form but see that they aren't coming over in the notification email.

Any way for me to get those into the admin's notification email?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #148459 by nant
brusuelas wrote:

I've added street address fields to the registration form but see that they aren't coming over in the notification email.

Any way for me to get those into the admin's notification email?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes there is.
Search for language string that is used to formulate this message and add relevant field names to it.

You should not really modify this directly in the default language file. Instead you should download the English language plugin and make changes it it and then install it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files

Download the CB13 english plugin and unzip it.
The string(s) you need to edit is in the english.php file:

[code:1]DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_SUB','ACTION REQUIRED! New User Registration Pending Approval');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL] and requires approval.\n'
.'This email contains their details\n\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\n'
.'Username - [USERNAME]\n\n\n'
.'Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.\n');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_SUB','New User Registration');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL].\n'
.'This email contains their details\n\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\n'
.'Username - [USERNAME]\n\n\n'
.'Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only\n');
DEFINE('_UE_REG_EMAIL_TAGS','[NAME] - Name of the User<br />'
.'[USERNAME] - Username of the User<br />'
.'[DETAILS] - Account Details of the User such as Email Address and Username<br />'
.'[PASSWORD] - Password choosen by the User (only at the first email sent upon pressing "Register"«»)<br />'
.'[CONFIRM] - Inserts confirmation link if the confirmation functionality is enabled<br />'
.'[FIELDNAME] - This will insert the value relative to the user who the email is addressed to. Just include the database field name of the field you want to include between [].<br />'
);
[/code:1]

Just add your own field names her (example [cb_street], etc).

You can benefit from becoming a CB Documentation subscriber as it will help you take full advantage of CB and it will help keep CB free.

13 years 3 months ago #148524 by brusuelas
Thank you! Seems simple enough. Just a couple of questions:

The field names in the english.php from the download don't seem to match up exactly to any that I have. For instance, I've named one of the fields cb_streetaddress. So, would my php entry be [CB_STREETADDRESS]?

Secondly, where in the file structure should the new english.php be uploaded to? Components? Or, /components/com_comprofiler/...?/..?/

Thanks!

13 years 3 months ago #148539 by nant
brusuelas wrote:

Thank you! Seems simple enough. Just a couple of questions:

The field names in the english.php from the download don't seem to match up exactly to any that I have. For instance, I've named one of the fields cb_streetaddress. So, would my php entry be [CB_STREETADDRESS]?

Yes

Secondly, where in the file structure should the new english.php be uploaded to? Components? Or, /components/com_comprofiler/...?/..?/

Thanks!

Please re-read what I posted.
I did not say anything about uploading files, did I?

I said download english language plugin, unzip it, modify it, rezip it, install it as a CB plugin.

Then of course publish it if needed.

13 years 3 months ago #148544 by brusuelas
Done. Zipped and attempted to install but receive the xml error:

Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

All files in original package included in the new zip I made.

13 years 3 months ago #148593 by krileon
You need to install CB language packages via Plugin Management within CB; they are not Joomla install packages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn