Admin notification email - need new fields shown

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162919 by rjscott2005
Replied by rjscott2005 on topic Re:Admin notification email - need new fields shown
I tried your approach but with 1.4 and using the 1.4 language plugin. I was successful in unzipping, editing language.php (there is no english.php file), rezipping and installing. The problem is that it's not working because (I assume) the default language plugin is still installed and published. When I try to unpublish, I'm getting the message Language plugins cannot be unpublished, only uninstalled. When I try to uninstall (the delete icon) I get a message stating Default language (English) is a core element, and cannot be uninstalled.
You need to unpublish it if you don't want to use it. So what am I doing wrong here?

nant wrote: brusuelas wrote:

I've added street address fields to the registration form but see that they aren't coming over in the notification email.

Any way for me to get those into the admin's notification email?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes there is.
Search for language string that is used to formulate this message and add relevant field names to it.

You should not really modify this directly in the default language file. Instead you should download the English language plugin and make changes it it and then install it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files

Download the CB13 english plugin and unzip it.
The string(s) you need to edit is in the english.php file:

[code:1]DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_SUB','ACTION REQUIRED! New User Registration Pending Approval');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL] and requires approval.\n'
.'This email contains their details\n\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\n'
.'Username - [USERNAME]\n\n\n'
.'Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.\n');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_SUB','New User Registration');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL].\n'
.'This email contains their details\n\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\n'
.'Username - [USERNAME]\n\n\n'
.'Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only\n');
DEFINE('_UE_REG_EMAIL_TAGS','[NAME] - Name of the User<br />'
.'[USERNAME] - Username of the User<br />'
.'[DETAILS] - Account Details of the User such as Email Address and Username<br />'
.'[PASSWORD] - Password choosen by the User (only at the first email sent upon pressing "Register"«»)<br />'
.'[CONFIRM] - Inserts confirmation link if the confirmation functionality is enabled<br />'
.'[FIELDNAME] - This will insert the value relative to the user who the email is addressed to. Just include the database field name of the field you want to include between [].<br />'
);
[/code:1]

Just add your own field names her (example [cb_street], etc).

You can benefit from becoming a CB Documentation subscriber as it will help you take full advantage of CB and it will help keep CB free.

RJ Scott
Atlanta, GA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174715 by dyvel
I have a question related to this topic - I have no problem with normal text fields, but if I try to send the value e.g. of a drop-down or a checkbox, like this: [cb_sex] - in this case a drop-down, then the value is not passed on in the email, but just displayed like I wrote it in the language file: Sex - [cb_sex].

I guess it has something to do with drop-downs and checkboxes with multiple values are arrays and not just a string value, and I would have to make the "call" in a different way????

Please advise

Thanks

12 years 7 months ago #176588 by cousinsr1
If I follow the steps as outlined above, will it over write my custom registration page as well? In other words do I need to re-modify my registration page again to suit my needs if I install this plugin?

12 years 6 months ago #177392 by rcousins
Anybody????????????

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn