CB 1.7 Translating to swedish

12 years 7 months ago #173581 by crumpets
CB 1.7 Translating to swedish was created by crumpets
Hi. I am in need of swedish language for CB 1.7. All I can find is for 1.2.2.
Is there any way to convert this to 1.7?

Can I complete the 1.2.2 one with lines missing to make it 1.7 compatible, or do I have do the whole translation?

It's quite important to me as roughly 75% of the page is now swedish but many CB menues are in english, mixing languages so much makes it look sloppy so if someone could enlighten me I would try my best to do the translations, and then share with the community.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #173585 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB 1.7 Translating to swedish
Instructions are here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

unfortunately no Swedish person has stepped up to the task.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crumpets

12 years 7 months ago #173602 by crumpets
Replied by crumpets on topic Re: CB 1.7 Translating to swedish
Thank you very much. I'll look into it and return if I'm satisfied with the quality of what I can produce :)

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #174826 by jaycswe
Replied by jaycswe on topic Re: CB 1.7 Translating to swedish
Hi I just spent the last 48 hrs translating most of the CB files. Many rows of characters indeed... :S

So The only part that is not translated yet is this file: admin_language.php but from what I read about it it is not needed to translate it...

now to my question/issue:
i have installed my language files (attached to this post) in the plugin-area of CB (I got a fresh Joomla 1.7 with CB 1.7 installed) but there is hardly no translation at all in any CB part. If you look at your own profile there is only parts of it that are translated and it is not found in my language files??

can someone explain to me how this is possible and how the translation should work? I have translated all that and it is not working? Giving me partial translation not even found in my language files? I dont get it?

I used the link in the thread (forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki) and translated those files found there. Help, please...

Best regards
/j
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: webbmary

12 years 6 months ago #174827 by jaycswe
Replied by jaycswe on topic Re: CB 1.7 Translating to swedish
Hi again.

I just tried uninstalling my Swedish language files and it was successful BUT the partial Swedish translation is still there, its when u edit your profile on "Contact info" tab. I h ave Swedish translation for front-end and back-end of Joomla and it looks like the translated phrases are from the default Swedish translation fr Joomla and not CB...

I am attaching a file showing how it looks like.. its an pdf...

Br
/j
Attachments:

12 years 6 months ago #174857 by crumpets
Replied by crumpets on topic Re: CB 1.7 Translating to swedish
Bah! Just when I'm half done with the language.php...
Seems we shouldve coordinated this and saved lots of time :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn