All Users Show As Admin When Admin is Logged In

12 years 1 month ago #192457 by Spaatz
None yet, the support team doesn't really monitor these "general" forums. Hopefully, if it stays on top and enough people have the problem, they'll pay attention.

I completely disable my forum ranks in the CB profile page and in the user list to eliminate the problem temporarily but, I'd like to see it fixed so I can reenable it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #192460 by dark_dragon
Replied by dark_dragon on topic Re: All Users Show As Admin When Admin is Logged In
I noticed that if I change the rank of a user in Kunena that says Administrator to lets say Moderator there profile will reflect the change but if I change it back to "No Rank Assigned" it will switch back to Administrator.

That's strange

12 years 1 month ago #192632 by Spaatz
Still can't find a solution for this. Thinking no one is going to answer.

12 years 1 month ago #192798 by dark_dragon
Replied by dark_dragon on topic Re: All Users Show As Admin When Admin is Logged In
I think I may try and come up with a solution, I am in the process of migrating to a new server so most of my time has been spent backing up my site but if I figure something out I will post here.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #192800 by Spaatz
If you are going to setup a fresh server, start with Joomla 2.5.1, Kunena 1.7.2 and Community Board 1.8.

Don't migrate your users from your old site to the new one until you test the display and user functions.

I have the feeling that the Kunena Importer was the cause of this issue in my case and would like to see if fresh users in an unmodified configuration have the same results.

I migrated all my users, posts, etc. from phpbb3 and am wondering if that was the cause of the problem.

Thanks for reporting back!

12 years 1 month ago #192876 by dark_dragon
I am beginning to think that this is strictly a Community Builder issue.

When I went to the Kunena "Forum Configuration/Integration" and changed the "Profiles and User List" option to Kunena then checked the profiles with the Kunena profile layout everything appeared as it should.

It only appears to be showing the Administration rank for regular users in the CB profile page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spaatz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn