Putting fields in different tabs on profile view vs. profile edit

9 years 5 months ago #251270 by maestroc
I'm sure there is an easy way to do this but I can't figure it out and my attempts at searching keep turning up stuff that does not apply to my situation. I hope someone can help me here...

In my CB site I want a set of specific fields to show up in one tab when editing a user's info in a simple, straight down the page manner.

But when someone else views the person's profile I want the the tabs to show up in a more appealing way.

I had set it up with two tabs and had assigned the tabs to be in specific positions on the public profile view page but that forces the edit profile to be split into two tabs which I don't want. I hope this makes sense. Anyone know how to get around this?

-MaestroC

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #251288 by nant

maestroc wrote: I'm sure there is an easy way to do this but I can't figure it out and my attempts at searching keep turning up stuff that does not apply to my situation. I hope someone can help me here...

In my CB site I want a set of specific fields to show up in one tab when editing a user's info in a simple, straight down the page manner.

But when someone else views the person's profile I want the the tabs to show up in a more appealing way.

I had set it up with two tabs and had assigned the tabs to be in specific positions on the public profile view page but that forces the edit profile to be split into two tabs which I don't want. I hope this makes sense. Anyone know how to get around this?

-MaestroC

CB 2.0 has some new settings that might help you.

You can configure how the Profile edit is displayed in Tabbed or Flat view.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn