"Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser." Issues after upgrading to CB 2.0.2

9 years 5 months ago #253064 by joebrickley
Hello,
I have Joomla 3.3.6 and CB2.0.2 upgraded from CB1.9
Other SITE INFORMATION :
OS Linux w
PHP 5.3.28
MySQL 5.5.33
Caching Disabled
GZip Disabled
Community Builder has been working well for months on CB1.9. Following an upgrade to CB2.0 Almost all sections of CB were inaccessible due to error : "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in." Panicking I reverted to CB1.9, and ran the various tools to repair the database etc. after some issues site is running again on CB1.9.
I have upgrade our dev site to CB2.0.2 but the session expired errors have returned. I see there are numerous forums posts with this error over the years but no clear single issue, and nothing specifically for CB2.0.2 I have switched off any caching, uninstalled 3rd party CB plug-ins and unpublished non core CB plug ins. I can now access most of CB 2.0.2 but not the configuration section due to this pop up error.

Any idea anyone on how this can be resolved ?

Also, I have joobi jNews and their CB plug-in, and requested whether there is a new CB 2.0 version. They replied that they re having the same problem on a clean cloud access install and can't install CB 2.0 without these errors claiming it is not stable enough to update their software yet!
Many Thanks
Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #253491 by joebrickley
Hello All,
No replies so I assume its not very common an issue. CB ADMIN : Would I get better support for this issue with a professional subscription upgrade ?

I have a Live website on CB 1.9.1 but when a user profile is opened I am getting errors :Warning: menu anchor id="undefined" not found in html and then
BB:ko1 Prevent these page from creating additional dialogs
and the tabs are not displaying on the profiles, data is just displaying as a list down the page.

On our CB 2.0 development site, I cannot open the configuration page as I get a :
"Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

This doesnt occur on a fresh joomla / CB 2.0.3 install on the same hosting.

Is there anyway to fix this without a complete website rebuild ?

Many Thanks for any help resolving this issue as I really hope to avoid changing to another extension.
Joe

9 years 4 months ago #253548 by nant

joebrickley wrote: Hello All,
No replies so I assume its not very common an issue. CB ADMIN : Would I get better support for this issue with a professional subscription upgrade ?

Support on these forums is community driven. No commitment from CB Team members to answer (but we do when time permits).

Yes a Professional subscription gives you posting privileges on the Professional support forums that are monitored by CB Team members - so you will get replies.

This doesnt occur on a fresh joomla / CB 2.0.3 install on the same hosting.

Obviously, this means that there is nothing wrong with CB and something else you have installed is causing this.

Is there anyway to fix this without a complete website rebuild ?

You could try turning off anti-spoofing sessions checks on your Community Buider Configuration -> Integration tab area.

If that doesn't work you would need to try and identify which third-party CB PLugin or Joomla plugin is messing up your sessions.

Many Thanks for any help resolving this issue as I really hope to avoid changing to another extension.
Joe

You are free to use CB or switch to some other extension.
But of course since - as you stated - CB works just fine on your hosting environment on a clean install, you would still have a situation were something is messing up your sessions and this may cause other problems down the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joebrickley

9 years 4 months ago #253611 by joebrickley
Hi Nant,

I know I am free to use which ever I want, its more an question of whether I can actually physically use a particular extension. I wasnt saying there was something wrong with CB, just trying to work out if it will be compatible / fixable / usable with existing configuration and extensions. The session issues only seem to affect CB, and only v2.0.x

Many thanks for your support and advice, but I cant access the anti-spoofing settings in Community Builder Configuration -> Integration tab area as the error prevents access.

It looks like something has been corrupted in some way. I hope to resolve the issues with a rebuild from an early backup if I can reimport new users registered since back up. If I succeed I will get professional version.

Thanks again,
Joe

9 years 4 months ago #253634 by nant

joebrickley wrote: Hi Nant,

I know I am free to use which ever I want, its more an question of whether I can actually physically use a particular extension. I wasnt saying there was something wrong with CB, just trying to work out if it will be compatible / fixable / usable with existing configuration and extensions. The session issues only seem to affect CB, and only v2.0.x

Many thanks for your support and advice, but I cant access the anti-spoofing settings in Community Builder Configuration -> Integration tab area as the error prevents access.

It looks like something has been corrupted in some way. I hope to resolve the issues with a rebuild from an early backup if I can reimport new users registered since back up. If I succeed I will get professional version.

Thanks again,
Joe

Try and unpublish the joobi news plugins and test.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #253702 by mfuller526
I've unpublished all jNews plugins and still have the same problem. Community Builder Configuration is inaccessible.

PHP Version 5.3.29, Joomla! 2.5.28, CB 2.0.4, jNews Pro 8.3.3, Reflex v1.10, Gantry v4.1.26, VirtueMart 2.6.12.2, MoWebSo Template 3.2.19, MoWebSo Plugin 1.1.0, Database Version 5.5.40-cll, Database Collation utf8_general_ci

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn