How to set default value for field in field management

9 years 1 month ago #260458 by picht
Hi

How do i set the default value for at field in the field management, if i don't want the field to be shown at registration ?

Regards Picht

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291535 by zoran-grujic
I am having the same issue! If the field is not shown on registration the default value is not set at all when user come to edit his profile. If you have radio nothing is selected and for dropdown there is empty option on top. This is quite ugly! Is there an fix? I consider making js code that will solve this at least cosmetically on user edit profile page.

7 years 2 months ago #291563 by krileon
You can't. The default only applies if the field is shown during registration. There is currently no means to supply a default for profile edit. Only way to force this usage is with CB Auto Actions setting the fields value on the after user registration trigger. We've a feature ticket already to improve the default field value behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291583 by zoran-grujic
Thank you Krileon,

Then let it be done properly.
First the default value should be set by trigger as you propose for new users
For existing users, if this is new field, the default value should be set for all.
It should be possible to edit the default value after field was created:
administrator should be able to select if the old default value will be changed to new one for all existing users or not.

As temporary solution I managed to handle this issue with custom JavaScript but this is not clean nor nice.

Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn