[#5197] Joomla Core "Require Password Reset" does not work with Community Builder

7 years 1 month ago #291681 by krileon
It is fixed as the ticket below states.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5197

Update to latest CB and ensure CBs system plugin is published and public. Then ensure under Parse URLs within CBs system plugin as Rewrite URLs enabled. It should send them to CBs profile edit to update their password. If there's a bug with this after configuring it correctly please provide details about what it's doing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsjeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #293948 by itsjeff

krileon wrote: It is fixed as the ticket below states.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5197

Update to latest CB and ensure CBs system plugin is published and public. Then ensure under Parse URLs within CBs system plugin as Rewrite URLs enabled. It should send them to CBs profile edit to update their password. If there's a bug with this after configuring it correctly please provide details about what it's doing.

I just encountered this issue. It was tricky to find this forum post, but I can confirm the fix above corrected it for me. To be clear for anyone else with this problem: the CB system plugin with the Parse URLs settings, that's found in the Joomla Plugins area (Extensions->Plugins) and not CB Plugin Management.

Krileon, reading the issue ticket, it says "Otherwise should be fine to just use Joomlas profile edit if needed." Is there a certain configuration that doesn't allow this? Do I need to enable this in any site where I'm using CB?

6 years 10 months ago #293954 by krileon

I just encountered this issue. It was tricky to find this forum post, but I can confirm the fix above corrected it for me. To be clear for anyone else with this problem: the CB system plugin with the Parse URLs settings, that's found in the Joomla Plugins area (Extensions->Plugins) and not CB Plugin Management.

Those two parameters are enabled by default now so you should only have to toggle them on for existing installs.

Krileon, reading the issue ticket, it says "Otherwise should be fine to just use Joomlas profile edit if needed." Is there a certain configuration that doesn't allow this? Do I need to enable this in any site where I'm using CB?

Disable those two parameters and you'll be able to access Joomlas user component again. They specifically are there to block access to Joomlas user component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn