[#5197] Joomla Core "Require Password Reset" does not work with Community Builder

9 years 3 weeks ago #261143 by krileon
Have added a feature ticket to implement support for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5197

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #262742 by codlink
I just ran into this problem myself. If only the core "Required Password Reset" could be redirect to the CB Edit Profile page. This issue would be resolved.

Doesn't matter what settings I use, if the "Require Password Reset" is set to 'Yes' under the User Manager, then Joomla always redirects to the Joomla core edit profile page. Just need it to redirect to the CB's edit profile page..

Pretty sure that something could be edited in reset.php to redirect to CB.. But don't know enough php to attempt this.

8 years 10 months ago #265432 by colinstewart
Hi

I too have this problem.
I am setting up a site and will be creating the user profiles in Community Builder with a generic password.
Once the site is ready and the users all added, they will be given their login details but I need them to be forced to change their password on first login.

I have tried this field in User Manager, though I would normally not use the core user manager. It gets stick asking for a password.

Can you let me know if you are resolving this so that this can be functional? Else how would you advise a force password change on first login?

Thanks
Colin

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #268324 by sumawelt
I just ran into this problem with Joomla 3.4.3 an CB 2.0.10: For some users I have set that they require to change their password. But when they try to do so, nothing happens. The message that they must change their password still sits on top of the page and the user profile form is still displayed. They can't go anywhere else.
Is there a fix for this?

8 years 8 months ago #268333 by krileon
CB does not have support for that feature at this time. It's planned for a later release. Once I'm done upgrading GJ I'll be focusing on CB and going through all the bug and feature tickets. So for now you can not use that feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #268336 by sumawelt
Hello Kyle,
thank you for answering. That's fine, I've already cancelled all the require password resets from our site and everything else runs quite fine, so I'll gladly live with it the way it is for the next few months :-)
Best Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn