Create view based on custom fields?

8 years 11 months ago #263592 by jkanto
Create view based on custom fields? was created by jkanto
Hi! Is it possible to create a view, extracting information from custom fields?

for example,
I want to create a tab on each profile that would include a one to many date and payment fields. (meaning unlimited rows of date and payment fields per profile.)

I'd like to create a view where I can see all of the date/payment fields for all profiles (along with profile name & a few other fields), sorted ascending by the date field.

Is this possible within the existing scope of Community Builder or would it need to be a custom modification?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #263600 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Create view based on custom fields?

jkanto wrote: Hi! Is it possible to create a view, extracting information from custom fields?

for example,
I want to create a tab on each profile that would include a one to many date and payment fields. (meaning unlimited rows of date and payment fields per profile.)

If I understand the request correctly, the answer is no.
There is no repeat field.

Such a field plugin is planned (don't know when yet).

I'd like to create a view where I can see all of the date/payment fields for all profiles (along with profile name & a few other fields), sorted ascending by the date field.

This is most likely doable using the CB Query field (part of professional membership).
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkanto

8 years 11 months ago #263611 by jkanto
Replied by jkanto on topic Create view based on custom fields?
Thank you. Just to clarify, through CB Query, you believe that I can create a separate page where I can pull specific data from from all or some of the profiles. Is that correct? I just watched the two tutorials, but I didn't see anything that indicated that was possible.

8 years 11 months ago #263622 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Create view based on custom fields?

jkanto wrote: Thank you. Just to clarify, through CB Query, you believe that I can create a separate page where I can pull specific data from from all or some of the profiles. Is that correct? I just watched the two tutorials, but I didn't see anything that indicated that was possible.

With CB Query you can create a new CB field and specify the query you want from your database.
This is something you design (so you need SQL skills) and it can pick up data from any tables/rows as you want - you just have to formulate the query.

The field then can be referenced in a Joomla article using the Joomla CB Content plugin.

I am not sure this will satisfy your specific need - you might just have to develop something from scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jkanto

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn