Installing uddeIM Site died

8 years 8 months ago #266775 by Bossman49
Installing uddeIM Site died was created by Bossman49
I am a bit clueless on how these components work together but I am thinking there is a conflict and it is common. Does anyone know how I can reverse what I did?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #266779 by Satchi
Replied by Satchi on topic Installing uddeIM Site died
Hi Bossman,

When I first installed UddIm, I forgot one of the components on joomla side (it has loads of files to install) and it blocked my site with a 'The Udd Component is not installed:' message. If that is what you are seeing, just go back to the files you unzipped and upload them this way:

note: I am using 3.x Joomla, if you are on 2.5, look for those file endings instead of j30 (Udd comes with j25 version as well)

Install the joomla components first: all the ones ending with j30 are installed with joomla's extension manager

then, install the cb components via the cb plugin manager. They all start with cb-plug

See images below of the files you are looking to install.

If your install failed and it isn't showing as a joomla component this is what the udd manual says to do to delete the software:

Default procedure (this is the same as for all Joomla components):

1. Deinstall uddeIM using the extension manager in Joomla.
2. Use phpMyAdmin and drop all tables that are prefixed uddeIM (plus the standard Joomla prefix), e.g. jos_uddeim, jos_uddeim_userlist etc.

When you have to deinstall uddeIM because of errors (e.g. installation was not finished correctly and uddeIM is not listed in the component manager) then do following:

1. When possible, deinstall uddeIM using the extension manager in Joomla.
2. Check if “/components/com_uddeim” and “/administrator/components/com_uddeim” still exist and if delete these folders.
3. Use phpMyAdmin and drop all tables that are prefixed uddeIM (plus the standard Joomla prefix), e.g. jos_uddeim, jos_uddeim_userlist etc.
4. Remove all uddeIM related entries from jos_menu and jos_extensions (chance to the prefix used on your system). You can clean up your database tables using following two commands:

DELETE FROM `jos_menu` WHERE `link` LIKE '%uddeim%' DELETE FROM `jos_extensions` WHERE `element`='com_uddeim

I hope that helps.

best to you,

Satchi
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bossman49

8 years 8 months ago #266794 by Bossman49
Replied by Bossman49 on topic Installing uddeIM Site died
Thanks a ton. That was a lot of help. Back up and running.

8 years 8 months ago #266811 by Satchi
Replied by Satchi on topic Installing uddeIM Site died
That's great! Thanks for posting an update. I was wondering how it was going for you. :)

Satchi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bossman49

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn