Cannot save profile in backend

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #274324 by coza73
Cannot save profile in backend was created by coza73
Joomla 2.5.28
CB 2.0.12
CDSubs 4.0.1
PHP 5.4

I have a strange problem where I cannot 'Save' or 'Save & Close' any users profile.
Effectively nothing happens when I click on either of the buttons, its as if there is no action at all for each button.

I can save any/every other configuration item in CB and Joomla, it is just in the user management section of CB where I cannot save. 'Cancel' works just fine.

As far as I can tell all profile functions work just fine in the frontend.

I have not installed anything new on this site for sometime. I think I may have updated some components in the past but not recently.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #274351 by coza73
Replied by coza73 on topic Cannot save profile in backend
Ok I have found a workaround. I got it from this thread:-

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/231938-cant-edit-users-in-backend-anymore-frontend-no-problem

In essence I changed the validation for the 'username' field

to:- 'Any String....'

I have not tried any other setting.

I believe this needs looking into as it seems to be a bug.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #274362 by Lepicard
Replied by Lepicard on topic Cannot save profile in backend
I have exactly the same problem for my second to last registered user.

Users can still to register in the frontend.
But the admin can not record a change a user profile in the backend: the buttons "save" and "save & close" are inactive when clicked.

For now, when I want to modify a user profile in the backend, I have to go through phpMyAdmin.

Joomla 3.4.5
CB 2.0.12
PHP 5.4.45
MySQLi 5.5.44

8 years 3 months ago #274384 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Cannot save profile in backend
Something is breaking backend javascript causing those buttons to not function.

Process to find the bad code is not that simple.

Start off by unpublishing all non Joomlapolis CB plugins installed and see if one of them unpublished solved the issue.

Then do the same with extra joomla plugins you have installed until you find culprit.

If you are javascript aware you could also chek the error console in your browser when trying to save and see if the message helps you find the culprit.

Sorry not much more I can propose here

8 years 3 months ago #274844 by sabroso
Replied by sabroso on topic Cannot save profile in backend
There is defintely a BUG with JavaScript validation when the option “Multiple Words with Spaces” is applied to a field. This is a Community Builder Validation Option.

On CB 2.0.12, if you select this validation option for at least one user field:

A) In the backend it prevents you from editing users and saving changes since it disables the “save” and “save and close” buttons.

B) In the front end it does not prevent the user from registering or editing his profile but it highlights the field as errored in red. To see this clearly, enable a mimum characters length to the field in addition to the “Multiple Words with Spaces” and you will see how even typing more characters than the minimu the field stays errored ( but it does not prevent you from submiting the form and getting the user registered – it is just very confusing for users).

I hope Joomlapolis team acknowledges the BUG and provides a solution ASAP since we really need a working validation

Thanks

8 years 3 months ago #274852 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Cannot save profile in backend

sabroso wrote: There is defintely a BUG with JavaScript validation when the option “Multiple Words with Spaces” is applied to a field. This is a Community Builder Validation Option.

On CB 2.0.12, if you select this validation option for at least one user field:

A) In the backend it prevents you from editing users and saving changes since it disables the “save” and “save and close” buttons.

B) In the front end it does not prevent the user from registering or editing his profile but it highlights the field as errored in red. To see this clearly, enable a mimum characters length to the field in addition to the “Multiple Words with Spaces” and you will see how even typing more characters than the minimu the field stays errored ( but it does not prevent you from submiting the form and getting the user registered – it is just very confusing for users).

I hope Joomlapolis team acknowledges the BUG and provides a solution ASAP since we really need a working validation

Thanks

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5641
The following user(s) said Thank You: coza73

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn