Can't revert backup when migrating

7 years 6 months ago #287242 by cesarvalbuena
Can't revert backup when migrating was created by cesarvalbuena
Hello, I'm using Joomla 2.5.28 and CB 1.9.1. I want to update to 2.0 and I've read other posts about it. I know it is a migration, but my problem is that I can't revert to a backup. I've tried to install the 2.0 package and I get the message: Failed to uninstall self. Please uninstall manually
I haven't got any CB plugins. I am going to update to Joomla 3.5 and I can't lose all my information. Thanks for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #287282 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't revert backup when migrating
Donwload the last CB package (just CB) then unzip it and within the /extensions/packages folder is the actual CB Joomla package extension. Install that and it should work fine. Our package installer is not tested for migrations (it has been something like 2 years now.. we are not doing those tests anymore.. sorry).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287292 by cesarvalbuena
Replied by cesarvalbuena on topic Can't revert backup when migrating
It worked! But I have the same message when trying to install the Spanish language plugin! How can I solve it?
Thanks

7 years 5 months ago #287336 by cesarvalbuena
Finally I found how to do it. After installing it, I've got two Spanish language plugins: the first, that wasn't compatible with my current version, and the new one. I also have the English plugin, that is the default language. I'd like to know if I can delete the old Spanish plugin and how can I make the new one as default language instead of the English one.

Thanks

7 years 5 months ago #287367 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't revert backup when migrating
Default Language is English so you don't need an English language plugin. You can also delete your old incompatible Spanish language plugin. The language CB uses is entirely based off Joomla. So if you want the default to be Spanish then set the default language within Joomla to Spanish.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287373 by cesarvalbuena
Perfect! Thank you!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn