Terms and Conditions upon login

7 years 5 months ago #287847 by TanMatt
Terms and Conditions upon login was created by TanMatt
Hello everyone :)
I am new here - I was able to finally work out how to place a 'terms and conditions' checkbox and clause onto a registration page. I need to have it upon login, for every fresh login, as well. Any solutions please?
Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #287877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Terms and Conditions upon login
We've no terms and conditions for login. I suppose you could set the first time login redirect to your terms and conditions page within CB > Configuration > Registration, but there's no way to make them accept terms and conditions on login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #288046 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Terms and Conditions upon login
I am setting up a site and it is very important that Terms and Conditions are accepted. I have a PDF file. Would it be a lot of work for you guys to in:-

Configuration, Registration

The question:- Force New Users to Accept Terms and Conditions:-- Yes / No
if yes
Paste Terms and Conditions in this box or Upload file or link to Article?

Then on the profile we need it to say they have accepted and they can't change that option and for them to click to re-read the T and C's from that link.

It is such an important feature for a social networking site.

If your feeling generous then one other good addition to this would be that if we update the Terms and Conditions then a button to say, Force users to review the Updated Terms and Conditions.

Web Buster UK Ltd

7 years 4 months ago #288097 by krileon
Users do not have to re-accept changed terms and conditions, but they do need to be notified of the changes. They should also be given a chance to close their account (can be done with CB Privacy) at that point as well. We've no plans to change the current behavior.

Trying to force users to re-accept terms and conditions on login means hijacking every URL and sending them to a page to re-accept and we've no plans of doing such a thing. Best I can suggest is use CB Auto Actions to check if they've accepted the terms and conditions. If they haven't redirect to profile edit and ask them to review and accept. To make them re-accept simply update every user row in _comprofiler and set acceptedterms column to 0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289884 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Terms and Conditions upon login
On our site we require that users agree to terms and conditions EVERY TIME THEY LOGIN. In addition, the text of the terms and conditions is emailed to them every time they login and agree. Yes, it is a pain in the ass, but THIS IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY if you want to avoid a lawsuit from a user about their information on your site and their understanding of what is visible and to whom. If there is still interest in this topic I will summarize the method by which we accomplish this.

7 years 3 months ago #289932 by krileon
A bunch of clever redirect actions in CB Auto Actions should be able to handle that case easily otherwise a system plugin that handles blocking access to all pages until accepted would be the best usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn