Community Builder Date

7 years 4 months ago #288536 by sytexx
Community Builder Date was created by sytexx
Hello my english is bad :-(

i have a problem i make new field Date for birthday.

So i make date 06.12.2016 and safe it show.

Show profil he make 05.12.2016 idk why can help me???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288537 by sytexx
Replied by sytexx on topic Community Builder Date
If i make 04.12.2016 he make 03.12.2016 calandar buggy idk :(

7 years 4 months ago #288545 by sytexx
Replied by sytexx on topic Community Builder Date
Someone an idea?

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #288595 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Date
You have timezone offset configured to apply to that field. When it's a date field the offset is applied to midnight (00:00:00) since a date field can't have a time. Edit your date field then under Parameters > Display change "Timezone Offset" to "Disable". Doesn't make a lot of sense for a date field to even have offsetting though and am adding a bug ticket to remove it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6328

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288626 by flatcoated
Replied by flatcoated on topic Community Builder Date
Hi Krileon,

What he mean is this: he add a field for birthday, I check this also on my testserver and have same bad result,

If now e.g. select a date, and than save it, one day lost ;)

enter the date, using the calendar

after save thsi, you get one -1 day as result?

settings for the field
Attachments:

7 years 4 months ago #288666 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Date
That will happen if you've timezone offset enabled, set the date, save, then turn it off. Toggling it off isn't enough to fix it as it has already been offset TO UTC then stored. It then on display offsets FROM UTC. The loss in day is because it offsets from midnight since it has no time. This has already been fixed in latest nightly where it just doesn't offset Date fields at all anymore, but stored values will still be bugged and need to be manually corrected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn