Error: Your Profile URL : Unknown field alias

7 years 3 months ago #288968 by virgus
Hi all! Sorry for my bad English.

I have a problem with my site.

In administrator backend, when i have to edit a profile user in CB panel, I enter in a profile user.
Without editing anything, if I want save the profile, the system show me this error message:

Error:
Your Profile URL : Unknown field alias

Can I fix it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #288969 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error: Your Profile URL : Unknown field alias
Ensure you're up to date. The handling for the new alias field is there so there's no way for that error to occur unless somehow you're only partially up to date. The alias field should be available in CB > Field Management. If not install latest CB and run CBs database check tools within CB > Tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290105 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic Error: Your Profile URL : Unknown field alias
We're getting this error too. We've done everything suggested above - checked for alias field in cb fields, ran the database checks and fixed errors.

Extension Manager is reporting that we have CB 2.1.0, however, update manager tells us we have version 2.0.14.

We've tried reinstalling the latest version via both the Update Manager and a manual upload of the pkg via the Joomla installer and both fail with:

Copy file failed
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_comprofiler.zip

We've verified permissions and even upgraded CB Subs and reinstalled Joomla 3.6.5 without issue.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but our users are unable to upgrade their CB Subs plan from the frontend ... their profile simply refreshes when they choose a plan and click "upgrade".

This all seemed to start happening at the same time.

7 years 2 months ago #290134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error: Your Profile URL : Unknown field alias
Clear cache and empty the "tmp" folder in Joomla root (everything except index.html). Once done download latest CB build below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

If still not installing you've some sort of permissions problem present that won't let it unpack and install the extensions. You can try bypassing the package installer by unzipping it and installing the zip in the /extensions/packages folder.

Regarding upgrade button it's probably due to invalid external Joomla menu links to CBSubs instead of using internal Community Builder > Plugin menu types. This should also be fixed with latest build.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #290140 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic Error: Your Profile URL : Unknown field alias
I ensured that all permissions were correct, recursively setting files to 644 and folders to 755. The only files that changed were actually some files in the tmp/install_xxx folders. I also ensured all ownership was correct, but the only file not owned by the site owner was .htaccess because we keep it owned by root. I changed it to the site owner just in case. I cleared tmp and cache and then used the install file in the extensions/package folder from the latest night build.

Finally success. I'm not sure if this was due to the .htaccess ownership or the permissions of the files that are actually placed by the package ... neither seems likely.

All issues appear to be resolved now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 2 months ago #290165 by nant
And of course this is not a potential bug - moving out to other forum category.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn