[#6381] After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289197 by Camino
After updating to 2.1 my cb_phone field which included all phone numbers of users is renamed to alias which is a cb field type "Predefined name and username fields".

On the profiles the phone number is no longer displayed. Now it shows a link to the profile itself.

As it is a system field there is no possibility to change it back.

Please kindly advise what to do as the phone number field is essential for my site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289205 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
Your auto-increment for your fields must've been broken at some point. The new alias field is using a reserved field id so it should never have been assigned to cb_phone. The alias field uses reserved id 43 (which we may cycle around as needed when new fields are added and old removed). Fields manually created or created from the sample data tool should never be below id 54.

First navigate to _comprofiler database table and see if cb_phone column is still there with its respective values. If it does still exist simply create a new cb_phone in CB > Field Management and it should be ok (please make a backup before doing this). If not then the alias is a text field the values shouldn't be lost and you can make a new cb_phone field the use the below query to move the values.

UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `cb_phone` = `alias`;
UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `alias` = '';

The above should set every rows phone field to the alias value then empty alias. Change the prefix from jos_ to whatever prefix you're using for your Joomla templates. Please make a backup before doing any of this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289210 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
Thanks Kyle.

I went back to my back-up of 2.015 so I can go from there. Indeed the cb_phone is id 43 and a text field. It would be great if you could tell me what to do to change this before I then update to 2.10.

Thanks in advance and Merry xMas.

7 years 3 months ago #289212 by erilam
Replied by erilam on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
Hi,

I have the same problem and two others on french forum have the same (www.joomlapolis.com/forum/192-cb/235524-donnees-du-champ-telephone-disparues-et-non-editables-suite-passage-a-cb-2-1). Strange...

Here are the content in the _compriler_fields

and in the field managemnt

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #289213 by alkozin
Replied by alkozin on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
Have the same problem. Will there be a fix?

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
It's a problem for any install that was affected by an old Akeeba backup bug that wiped out auto-increment, any backup restores that wiped out auto-increment, or any CB 1.x installs that ran sample data before CB 1.9. The old sample data created invalid fields (they've no cb_ prefix and are using reserved IDs). The only fix is to change the ID of those fields in _comprofiler_fields. I've added a bug ticket to see if we can detect these conflicts during install and make the change for you, but going forward after manually fixed you shouldn't have any further issues.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6381

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn