[#6381] After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field

7 years 3 months ago #289222 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
Kyle, could you kindly write what to do step by step when still having 2.015 in order to change the ID of the field?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289230 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
Navigate to _comprofiler_fields and find your cb_phone field. Then change its id (far left column) to the next available id after 54. This is typically just going to be whatever the next id is after the last id in your table of fields. Note any parameters or configuration linked by field id and not field name will break upon doing this, but there's not much choice as it's a non-core field using a core field id.

We'll be looking into a way to migrate this, but regardless something is going to break from doing so. It's a odd situation as it's only going to happen to previous CB 1.x installs that ran sample data. No clean CB 2.x install should hit this issue and if anyones install isn't a CB 1.x upgrade and has this issue please urgently let us know as something is wrong with the sample data tool if that's the case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Camino

7 years 3 months ago #289248 by Camino
Replied by Camino on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
Thank you, Kyle. I was not sure what you meant with _comprofiler_fields in the first place but figured you meant the mysql database. That did the trick and the update worked out fine now after changing the field ID as described.

merry xMas
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 3 months ago #289273 by krileon
Ok, this is fixed for next minor release (we'll be doing a CB 2.1.1 soon) and in one of the build releases. You can either rollback to a backup then wait for a fixed build or apply the workaround above.

We aren't going to be using reserved ids anymore going forward and with CB 3.0 we should be hopefully complete done with reserved id usage in general. What this means is API and usages won't care what the idea is as for fields it's dependent on field name. For plugins we already almost exclusively use plugin element, but we've some work to do in that regard as fields are currently linked to their plugin by id instead of element.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289883 by Atilla
Replied by Atilla on topic After update to 2.1 cb_phone is alias field
The above workaround didn't work for me. Used the query with my db table prefix and it didn't change the values. I followed all the steps. Would be nice if the instructions were a bit more clearer. I open phpmyadmin and do I use query right away, or do I have to open _comprofiler or _comprofiler_fields? Or go straight to cb_phone? What am I doing wrong?

7 years 3 months ago #289935 by krileon
Revert to a backup and install latest build. The issue has been fixed. It won't override the field using field id 54 anymore.

Would be nice if the instructions were a bit more clearer.

They're directly executed on your database in phpmyadmin. Replace jos_ with whatever the table prefix is for your database tables. This is explained below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/235543-6381-after-update-to-2-1-cb-phone-is-alias-field?limitstart=0#289205

Again the easiest approach is to revert to a backup and install latest build.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn