Problems with Userlist / Edit after upgrade to 2.1.0

7 years 3 months ago #289223 by mwink
Hi,

I a using userlist function to display list of user and enable moderator to change user profiles.
This used to work fine.

But after upgrading to CB 2.1.0 I have a problem:
- the user list is displayed correctly
- selecting and displaying one user is also ok
- but if moderator wants to edit the specific user, he is redirected to his own profile

Any suggestions how to solve this ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289234 by krileon
How are you editing users from userlist? CB Core Fields Ajax? Don't understand what userlist has to do in relation to profile edit. Clicking the users row in the userlist should go to that users profile; is it going to your own instead? Please ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page (this is mandatory). If SEF is enabled try disabling it and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289235 by mwink
Hi Kyle, thanks for your reply,

clicking the users row in the userlist gos to the users profile. But if then that user is edited (by an authorized moderator), the edit goes to the profile of the logged in moderator (and not to the selected user).

I switched off SEF as you indicated: that solves the problem!

But is there a way to solve it by keeping SEF on ?

thanks!

7 years 3 months ago #289236 by krileon
So clicking the menu item to edit a users profile while viewing their profile just takes you to your profile edit and not theirs? I'm not having any issues reaching profile edit of another user, saving the edit, or cancelling the edit. Do you've custom SEF extension installed or just using Joomla SEF? What does the URL (with domain omitted) look like when trying to reach profile edit of another user? Sounds like the URL maybe being rewritten incorrectly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289237 by mwink
Kyle,

So clicking the menu item to edit a users profile while viewing their profile just takes you to your profile edit and not theirs?
>> correct

Do you've custom SEF extension installed or just using Joomla SEF?
>> Using Joomla SEF, no custom SEF

URL when user is selected from list:
http://www.--hidden--.nl/vdms/index.php/cb-profile/99-matthijs-wink
(correct user is shown)

When I then want to edit that profile:
http://www.--hidden--.nl/vdms/index.php/mijn-gegevens-wijzigen/99-matthijs-wink
(logged in user is show, not user 99)

=> 'mijn-gegevens-wijzigen' is menu item that points to: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userdetails

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289238 by krileon
The URLs look correct, but the index.php being there means you're not using URL Rewriting and means you're basically at the mercy of Joomla routing that properly. I recommend enabling "Use URL Rewriting" and with .htaccess in Joomla root (renamed from htaccess.txt) then see if issue persists.

Edit: Tested without "Use URL Rewriting" and is still working fine. Does this happen for all profiles or just that one?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn