Need to verify custom email field to system email field

7 years 3 months ago #289436 by notyooagain
Hi, is it possible to verify a custom email field that I have created to the main system email field and if so how is it done.
I know that the verify email field can be enabled but it needs to be verified to the system email not the custom one.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289446 by krileon
Edit the email field and under Parameters > Validation enable the verify feature for it. The verify feature is field by field. Aside from that I don't understand what you're asking, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289462 by notyooagain
Sorry for not being clear enough. As mentioned I know that the email fields can be enabled to validate that particular field
but what I am asking is there any way that a custom email field can be validated to the main system email field.

There are up to 4 different membership plans shown at registration and I have had to add a separate custom email field for each membership plan which is controlled as to which membership group and members can view and access it by CB Subs field tabs protect. This can't be done using only the main system email field. It would be helpful if this custom field could be validated to the main system email field to pick up a wrong email address being entered.

Hope this is clearer, thanks.:)

7 years 3 months ago #289532 by krileon
Only way to do that is CB Query Field or CB Code Field which lets you add custom Query based or PHP based ajax validation to fields. You'd for example setup a query validation to check the value against the email column in _users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289588 by notyooagain
Thanks for your reply Kyle. Can you or anyone else please give me specific instructions as to how to do that? Would be much appreciated.

7 years 3 months ago #289630 by krileon
See the below videos for CB Query Field.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7MM9iP9FooKB1qk8f5MLWVp

The videos show the various usages of CB Query Field including Query Validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: notyooagain

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn