[SOLVED] Changing automated email content/subject line

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #289983 by TanMatt
Hello everyone,
My automated verification/pending approval email is working fine, however I would like to change the content. I've been leafing through the forums and the manual but I cannot find anything about this topic.

Currently in my fields I have 'YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_SUBJECT' for the pending email subject (in registration configuration) and 'YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE' for the email body. I've tried to look for the source code/files for this but I'm coming up with nothing.

Any help to point me in the right direction is very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #289987 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing automated email content/subject line
They're language strings, which you can override using the below features.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #289989 by TanMatt
Replied by TanMatt on topic Changing automated email content/subject line
No, I'm sorry that's not what I'm looking for.

7 years 2 months ago #290000 by krileon
You said you want to change the contents of those emails. That is done by overriding their language strings. How to do this is explained in the blog post linked above. The alternative is to just put whatever contents you want in those parameters if you don't want to use the language strings. Those parameters can be found within CB > Configuration > Registration (Pending and Welcome emails).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #290007 by TanMatt
Replied by TanMatt on topic Changing automated email content/subject line
I am not getting the overrides tab when I change the edit the language plugin.

7 years 2 months ago #290014 by krileon
Then your install is not up to date. Install the latest CB 2.x build from our downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: TanMatt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn