[#6466] Required field not focused if missing after validation

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290230 by julos08
Hi All,

Maybe question has already been answered in another post but I did not find.
It's really simple and for me it's completely incredible if this is a real issue.

In my signup form if I forget some required filed, I receive no error message by pressing the validation button. I have to scroll up by myself in the form to see the red missing field.

As no error message appear, it can be confused for people.
The best would be to have a focus on the missing field.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290312 by krileon
Clicking submit should run validation and stop the form from submitting. It should then focus the first error found. This is confirmed working on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/registration

If it's not working on your site you probably have a JS error breaking the validation JS. Note ajax validations are not form stopping validations (they won't block submit). Press F12 to open your browsers developer console then click the Console tab to review for any JS errors (they'll be in red).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #290514 by julos08
Hi Krileon,

Thank for your reply. I checked all and I don't undesrtand where is the issue.
To avoid issue possibility with template I switched to Beez 5 : www.s-f-t-s.org/inscription-2

No error with JS.

7 years 2 months ago #290568 by krileon
Disable step by step and see if it focuses fine. It's trying to focus on the last checkbox of step 2, but won't focus on anything above that. Could be an issue with step by step usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #290582 by julos08
Hey krileon,

You are right, the issue is only here with step by step option. Focus is working with table. For flat, we receive just a message but the form focus on the message, so it's ok.

The problem is that for flat, the conditional tab does not work and table can be difficult to understand for some people.

Do you know it's this issue could be fixed in the future?

Thanks in advance.

7 years 2 months ago #290660 by krileon
Have added a bug ticket to look into this further. The validation jQuery is probably having a hard time focusing due to the tabs.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6466

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn